Hyundai's first entrant in to the compact sedan segment has been christened as 'Xcent'. The car is to be available in both petrol and diesel varaints. The car will be coming in AT and MT.
1. Amit Dhundhiyal, the product planning head, Hyundai India, is addressing the media. He is explaining the heated compact sedan space and their need to put this product in their portfolio.
2. Interior sketch revealed.
3. The name has been derived fromt he Accent Sedan, where the 'X' is for the X-generation.
4. Hyundai states that they have targeted it to the Young generation, people in 20s-30s.
5. The interiors of the car are contemporary, roomy, with bigger green house area.
6. As it is Hyundai, it comes with segement first features like rear parking camera with park assist, infotainment system with inbuilt 1GB of space, rear AC fan, start/stop push button, best in class boot space, smart key.
7. The Sub 4 meter sedan corresponds to the 81% of the mid-size segment and thus Hyundai along with Tata and Ford are trying to capture this growing sector.
8. The car is to be equipped with ABS (anti-lock braking system), dual airbags.
9. The car will be available at your nearest showrooms in March '14.
10. Powering the sedan will be the 1.2 VTVT Kappa 2, and 1.1 U 2 diesel, same as it's hatchback sibling - the Grand i10.