A point wise guide to the second practice session at the Chinese GP:
1. Lewis Hamilton took top spot with a time of 1m 35.217 seconds. His team-mate Jenson Button, who'd topped the first practice session was third.
2. The Mercedes GP duo, Nico Rosberg and Michael Schumacher finished second and fourth. They occupied exactly the same positions on the timing sheets in first free practice.
3. The session could have been better for Ferrari drivers Fernando Alonso and Felipe Massa. The duo finished tenth and eleventh. Alonso's blown engine from the previous session could be cause for worry. To begin with the engine being used in the first practice session was one that had been used in Bahrain. The fact that Ferrari elected to re-use an engine is indication that they are concerned about going a full season on eight engines. On exceeding the allotted number of engines, the teams will be penalised.
4. The Scuderia Toro Rosso team have discovered the cause for Sebastien Buemi's crash in Free Practice 1. A component known as the 'upright' which connects the suspension arm to the wheel failed. This resulted in broken front suspension, and the somewhat scary crash that Buemi went through. The team has elected to run the car without the new component, however, there was too much damage on Buemi's car for him to take part in free practice 2.
5. Karun Chandhok finished the the session 21st on the timing sheets. The Indian racer who drives for the Hispania Racing F1 team managed to outpace Lucas di Grassi of Virgin Racing. Chandhok also outpaced his team-mate Bruno Senna. Karun set a time of 1m 41.008s, as opposed to Bruno's 1m 41.345s.