With the recent launch of the Suzuki Gixxer and the Swish 125, we speak to Mr Atul Gupta, Executive Vice President ( Sales & Marketing) at Suzuki Motorcycle India Pvt. Ltd. to understand his views about the Motorcycle market of Suzuki and also trying to understand more about the scooter market as well. The Gixxer has been a runaway success for the Japanese bike maker and it is too early to speak of the Swish 125.
1) How is the Suzuki Gixxer doing and how has the response been from the consumers? And what is the response in terms of sales?
Mr Gupta: Its overwhelming; exceeded expectations; selling about 10,000 per month; got all awards till now.
2) The Access 125 is again another good scooter, how has the 125cc response from your point of view when compared to the 110cc?
Mr Gupta: We are the highest selling 125 cc scooter. We reckon it will be unfair to compare the sales of 110cc with 125cc. Both of them appeal to different segments.
3) Do you think more powerful scooters will perform better in the future? Can we expect a 150-200cc volume scooter market for India also?
Mr Gupta: Not really, not at this moment for sure.
4) The Hayabusa has overshadowed many superbikes in India, how are the other 800+cc Suzuki bikes doing in sales?
Mr Gupta: The big bike marketis on the rise.
5) Getting loans has been an issue for superbikes, many biker makers have tied-up with banks, could we expect something like this from Suzuki for its superbikes and cruisers?
Mr Gupta: Suzuki Motorcycles has already tied up with HDFC and INDUS IND Banks to make it easier for our customers.
Source : MotorOctane