The Supreme Court’s recent ruling on banning registration of diesel vehicles, having an engine capacity of 2,000cc or above, has created chaos in the automobile industry. Although, the halt on registration is for a trial period of three months, the curiousity still remains over what will happen next once the said period is over. While almost all the major automakers have taken a hit due to this ban, here are some of the cars which have survived by a whisker.
1. Chevrolet Cruze - Engine Capacity 1,998cc Had the engine capacity been 2cc more, Chevrolet Cruze would have been in the long list of cars affected by the temporary hold on registrations. With its sharp muscular looks, the car will continue to mesmerize the automobile enthusiasts amidst the diesel car ban happenings. The American beau recently achieved a milestone of 3 million sales globally. Anticipated to be launched in 2016, Chevrolet Cruze is expected to keep the engine specs similar to the existing model.
2. Volkswagen Jetta - Engine Capacity 1,968cc
Volkswagen was able to save its most vulnerable car to the ban. With its sturdy built quality, Jetta will continue to haunt its competitors. However, the company now needs to seriously think about this car's future as the sales, off lately, have not been quite impressive.
3. Skoda Superb, Octavia, Yeti - Engine Capacity 1,968cc Skoda emerged as the luckiest company in terms of escaping the ban. Presently, the Czech company sells four cars namely Superb, Octavia, Yeti and Rapid for the Indian market out of which three get an engine of capacity 1,968cc. The whole line up will remain intact as Rapid also gets an engine of 1,498cc.
4. BMW 1, 3, 5, X1, and X3 Series - Engine Capacity 1,995cc Dodging the ban by a margin of 5cc, BMW will be able to keep up the sales of 1, 3, 5, X1, and X3 Series as per the conversation with one of their dealers in Delhi. Although, the 2,993cc engine of X3 and 5 Series will face the heat of restriction.
5. Audi A3, A4 and A6 - Engine Capacity 1,968cc Audi has been able to save its sedan line up from the ban. A3, A4 and A6 run on 1968cc engine and thus, only A8 will be barred from the registration as it carries an engine of capacity of over 6,000cc.
Related Post: "Diesel Tax" Might follow "Diesel Ban"
Source : CarDekho