Close [X]

Longer waiting period on Swift, DZire and i20 petrols

The reducing fuel prices have accelerated the growth of petrol cars. Maruti Suzuki vehicles sold in January have 65% petrols and the rest of 35% in diesel. At the moment, there is a waiting period of two months on the Swift and Swift DZire petrol variants, while the diesels are available immediately and some are being offered with discounts too.
In January, Maruti Suzuki sold 103,556 units in the domestic market with a growth of 7.2 percent year-on-year over January 2014. There has been an increase in demand for the Ertiga and vans (by 20 percent each) and the sedan segment (DZire and Ciaz) has grown by 11 percent. The facelift version of the Swift and the new Ciaz has accelerated the growth for Maruti Suzuki. The company's exports too have grown by 62.5 per cent to 9,500 units.
Maruti-Swift-windsong-edition-4 Hyundai too, has seen a decrease in sales of diesels as at the moment, the recently launched i20 Elite has a waiting of about 12 weeks for the petrol engine, while the diesel one is available with ease. The entry-level segment remains weak, however new products are driving the sales.
Tata Motors has also seen an increase in sales of its passenger cars by 20 percent to 10,579 units in January with the introduction of the new Bolt hatchback. The company has been an increase in its sales of HCVs by a whooping margin of 35 percent. Toyota has also seen a growth of 16 per cent this January. We do not have the exact break-up of Toyota, but we will be soon sharing it as we receive it. The numbers are continuing to come in, despite the increase in excise last month.

Source : MotorOctane