Although the next generation BMW 5 Series is just months away from unveiling, it will take more than a year or more to get here to India. Till then, we have to be content with the current gen 5 Series but that doesn’t mean we shouldn’t get the best. At Rs. 59.90 lacs ex-showroom Delhi, the BMW 530d M Sport is a full Rs. 8.5 lacs more than the 520d Luxury Line, but what you get is not just cosmetic upgrades, it’s much more. We list here 5 reasons why 530d M Sport should be the car you have to buy.
1. Let’s get one thing straight, BMW buyers primarily buy their cars for how they drive. So when you get a 3.0-litre V6 (530d M Sport) in place of a four-cylinder 2.0-litre one (520d), it’s a no brainer which one should you choose.
2. Especially, when you get 258 hp and a massive 560 Nm of torque that can sprint from 0 to 100 km/h in just 5.8 seconds. Compare that to the 184 hp and 380 Nm of torque from the 520d and we think the point is made.
3. Add to that an 8-speed Sport automatic transmission, Sport+ driving mode, Launch Control function, M Sport leather steering wheel and 18-inch M Double-spoke style alloy wheels. The reasons are getting sweeter, aren’t they?
4. Visually too, you get BMW individual headliner anthracite, high-gloss shadow line and a M Aerodynamics package that include powerful air inlets, side skirts with additional contour, lines, rear apron with Dark Chrome finished exhaust pipe, Dark Shadow metallic diffuser, etc.
5. Inside, you get front sport seats, full color heads up display, 25.9 cm color display with DVD drive and navigation system with 3D maps, integrated hard drive for maps and audio files and two 23.3 cm screens for rear-seat entertainment.
Recommended: BMW India Announces 3% Price Hike BMW i8 Cyber Edition Images Released BMW 1-series Compact Sedan Unveiled [Vivid Image Gallery Inside]
Source : CarDekho